Tuesday, September 26, 2006

why i do what i do

for anyone who knows me they know i live for softball. since i've been to old t play it, i've been coaching it since last fall. this past weekend was state fall ball. my girls made it in to b devision...1st ranked. not only did my girls get ranked 1st but we made it to the championship. the girls worked there butts off all day sunday to get that far. the final game came, to start it off one of our pitchers megan had a line drive right back at her and broke her finger. that's when the teams adittude when right down the poop shoot. i wasn't to happy...we had to throw our other pitcher who's arm was almost gone to begin with. in the long run we ended up taking 2nd. which was really great. the girls had a lot of fun...the coaches had a lot of fun. and yet on my ride back to school i found myself in tears. these tears weren't because i thought the girls didn't do good. i couldn't have been happier for them. it had finally hit me that i never did the whole coaching thing for me....i did it for someone else. i took what i knew and loved and helped others better their game. i've never felt this way before. I HELPED SOMEONE! you have no idea what kind of self pride one can feel after somthing like that.
life gives you options. you can take what life gives you and waist it or you can give it back to others.

1 comment:

A. Bauer said...

Congrats on both the 2nd place finish and your realization! Much love Abby!