Thursday, September 14, 2006

BIG TIME

ok so last night me and my roomie went up to north campus to watch a movie... not just any movie but an outdoor movie. i know, sweet! they had this moster screen that they put up and we watched failure to launch...which i have been wanting to see for a while now. i was pretty happy. not only did i get to go and watch a great movie with one of my best friends. i got a free cup that says sober is sexy. i know you all want it. i do have to say it did get a little cold towards the end of the movie. but it was worth it.

on a different note...i have cru tonight. and yes i can't wait. i feel bad though... over the summer i feel like i've slipped away from god a little bit. or i should say that i wasn't as close as i wish i would have been. i've found myself talking to god a lot more just within this past week. it feels good to be able to talk and know that he's listening. i think it was peter...the pastor at substince church in the cities....he was talking last week at cru...and he really got me thinking. he started talking about talking to god, and if we ever listen to what he says back. well i took his word and kinda set them on the shelf in the back of my mind. on monday it's like they feel off the shelf and hit me. sometimes you just have to listen and stop talking. that's just how it is. don't get me wrong god still wants to hear what you have to say...but sometimes you need to shut up so you can hear what he needs to tell you.

2 comments:

A. Bauer said...

"Sober is sexy" is one of my new favorite quotes....I am pretty jealous of that cup....

justabby said...

ya...i'm pretty sure i'm going to have to keep people away from my cup...i know everyone is going to want it