Tuesday, January 30, 2007

fighting family battles

it started my sr. year in high school. i decided in january that i wanted to work the summer tec (which was the last one i could work) instead of playing in my last summer state softball tourny. they didn't take it will....to tell ya the truth....they were pissed.

tonight i call jill...you know doing that big sister thing...seeing how she's holding up since the tec weekend. and the answer was not good. (if your reading this say a little prayer for her....or heck give her a call) the biggest stresser that she told me about was mom and dad. last night dad had yelled at her for talking to some of her tec friends on the phone. she had a crappy day and really needed to talk to them. which in my eyes is understandable....unlike my dad. he yelled at her and when she tried to explain he didn't listen. then i guess mom told her that if there was any softball conflicks the same weekend as tec she couldn't work the next one. the second she told me this i knew i had to make a phone call to the folks. my heart was broke for her. i called my house. dad answered, and i told him what was up. he didn't want to hear it. i got so mad at him for not listening to me i started to cry. i know how hard it was for me to tell them years before. and i knew jill wouldn't be able to do it on her own. it's like he didn't want to hear what i said.

how can we make them see how much tec means? we don't want to cry anymore tears. i just want them to see it from our side.

1 comment:

Janet said...

I'm sorry Abby. I will keep you and Jill in my prayers!