Monday, February 12, 2007

All With Me

So i've noticed over the past few weeks in a lot of my classes we keep talking about the bible. mostly in my art history class. and i don't know about you but growing up in a public school it seems odd to me to be talking about the bible in a classroom setting. right now we are talking about the sestine ceiling... it takes many different sences from the bible. i'm just having a hard time with all of this. everytime i've talked about the bible i've always been in a different enviorment. and the fact that we are looking at all these old paintings or sences from the bible...it just doesn't seem right. i've always had things set in my mind of what things look like....maybe it's just me. and maybe it's cause i really don't like this class, that could be a good part too.

last couple of weeks have been good. as far as things go with the family...i think they are better. last weekend i stayed home on sunday and me and jill sat down and talked to mom and dad about the whole tec thing. i'm thinking mom heard what we had to say...as far as dad goes...not so much. but that's ok...all will work out the way it's suppost to.

this past weekend i went home to make sure that i've got everything set up for the worship service. i'm really nervous about it. i'm really looking forward to it...but i don't think the nervs will go away until it's all over with. for those of you that are coming....thank you, thank you, thank you. for those of you that arn't, or decided to bail on us (...uncle tim), keep it in your prayers. or keep my nervs in your prayers.

i guess last night i must have had a good dream...my roommate told me that i kept smiling in my sleep. and i tend to roll around a lot at night...last night i just stayed still. i really wish i could remember what i was dreaming about...do you remember?

i'm really not looking forward to wed. stupid valentine's day! i don't have a valentine...so it will be just like every other year. who knows maybe my luck will change before now and then.

3 comments:

A. Bauer said...

I think it's good to hear about different depictions of Bible stories from these different environments. It gives you an idea of how other people see things. Sometimes it might bring about doubt, but if you don't have any doubts about something and you're very set in your ways, there's no opportunity to learn.

As of now, I won't be able to make it Sunday. You guys are definitely in my prayers!

uncle tim said...

sorry....sorry sorry sorry...
did I mention how sorry I am?

Janet said...

I'll hate today with you! I've hated Valentine's Day since the days of elementary school parties were over :(

At least I'm happy because I get to see you in a few days!